St Peter's Preschool Limited is a community based not-for-profit preschool. The preschool is operated by a Board of Management elected by the parents at the Annual General Meeting each year.
St Peter's is a forty place preschool licensed by New South Wales Department of Education and Training. The Department also provides funding to reduce fees and assist with operating costs. The Preschool exceeds licensing regulations requiring a 1:10 educator to child ratio; the pre-school regularly has a 1:8 and 1:6 ratio. At St Peter's Preschool every child is assured expert individualised attention everyday.
St Peter's Preschool opened in 1952 in the local church hall in Armidale and moved to the current premises in 1982 following the purchase of the property by the then Board of Management.
The preschool has a wide range of play and educational resources and teaching aids designed to meet the needs of young children.